The Society shall have the following aims and objects –
- To advance the status of women and children.
- To foster, encourage and promote the empowerment and well-being of women and children by means of education, advocacy and other forms of assistance.
- To promote the protection of the rights of women and children as enshrined in various United Nations-based international human rights instruments, including the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), the International Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Millennium Development Goals.
- To strive for the elimination of all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and violence against women and children.
- To organise community forums, service projects, civic education, research and training programmes on matters pertaining to the rights of women and children to achieve the above objects, as well as to address a wider range of associated issues including health, gender-based violence, sexual harassment, education equity, development issues, the law and safeguarding the future environment of our children, with a view to fostering equality, development, happiness and peace in our society.
- To work collaboratively with community-based and Government services, to address common issues affecting women and children.
- To network with other NGOs and bodies having complementary aims and objectives at the regional, national and international level, for the purposes of resource mobilization and information-sharing.
The Society is formed to carry out the above objects, and NOT for the purposes of trading or securing pecuniary profit to the members from the transactions thereof.